Monday, November 14, 2011

Bad Blogger Award Goes To Me

OK so it is obvious that I am not a consistent blogger....or consistent anything for that matter.  I am what one would call a procrastinator and a bad one at that.  I can easily get my bum off the couch and take care of the house, kids...the usual responsibilities.  It seems though when it comes to things I am suppose to love, taking pictures, writing, living a healthy lifestyle, selling stuff on eBay I tend to let those thing pass me by.  Perhaps I should write a to do list and make these things a priority every day. 

Fall has come and is in full swing down south.  I've already done my fare share of raking and blowing leaves only for the trees to still be more that half full.  I love the arm workout I get with raking though.  Anytime I can get exercise while being outside is a wonderful thing.  Raking isn't the only exercise I'm getting these days...hello P90X!  Yes I am still doing the workout but they are not as consistent as I would like.  Yes I can make the excuse of I've been sick and so has my workout buddy.  After a while though I must stop with the lame excuses and just show up and get it done.  As Tony Horton would say, "Be Present get out of your head and just show up". 

T


This morning while reading my newspaper I came across this cool sounding recipe in American Profile .

Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake
1 (18 1/4-oz) boxed spice cake mix
1 (serving) pkg. instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup light eggnog
1 egg
3 egg whites
1 1/3 cups toasted chopped pecans
1 1/3 cups toasted chopped pecans
Powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Coat a nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray.

2.  Combine cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, eggnog, egg and egg whites in a large bowl.  Mix until creamy.

3.  Stir in pecans.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let cool on a wire rack.  When cool, dust with powdered sugar.

This one sounds very yummy and very fallish.  I will have to make it without the pecans though due to allergy issues with my daughter but it should still turn out yummy.  I'll post pics as soon as I make it.

Check out this pretty flower.  My bushes in the front yard are blooming and I found this flower and ant quite cool.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! My day gets sucked up by all those tiny details that makes a house and family run. I try to make sure that I do one thing every day toward a goal whether it's for photography or something else. Hey, you have to start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan! Perhaps it would help too if I acutally got up earlier to take care of house and leave time for my passions throughout the day. I got a real bad habit of going back to bed after dropping the kids off for school lol.

    ReplyDelete