Saturday, July 2, 2011

Busy Week

Wow this week has been beyond busy.  I started with this little project.
And ended up working on the front of the house as well.

The side of the house still needs pine straw  but is just about done.  I got the old  pine straw out of the front and put down new top soil.  The husband then added a border and black mulch....much prettier.  We still have more work but it is looking better.  I wish I had something more entertaining to add but really this took a good couple of days.  Yesterday however I did make it to the local farmers market and came home with these goodies.

Not bad for nine little bucks huh!  Gotta say I love farmers markets.  There is nothing better or should I say tastier than home grown local produce.  Gonna make cucumber salad tonight with these.

Cucumber Salad
2 Cucumbers thinly sliced
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup water
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
add fresh parsley or dill if desired and let sit overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment